Shipping of Boats for Barbados Masters 2017

HOME forums Events Shipping of Boats for Barbados Masters 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ray New
    Participant

This email was sent out on 29/8/16…..
    Hello All
    You are receiving this email because you are one of 42 GBR sailors who have expressed an interest in competing in the Barbados Masters in 2017. We believe we have now established the costs of shipping to the event, with support from Geest and Barbados Tourism, but are still looking at possibilities for improved transport insurance cover.
    Excluding insurance, the cost of shipping Finns to the event will be £250 per boat (for full containers). This covers terminal handling at Portsmouth and Bridgetown, return shipping to Barbados, trucking to the event site and back, customs charges and the provision of racks/straps/ties for container loading. Boat owners will be expected to take their boats to Portsmouth at pre-arranged times and load them into the container.
    This price per boat is for full containers only, 9 boats per container, and container slots will be allocated based on time of receipt of booking fee.
    We are now taking bookings for container slots. Please email me with your booking and pay the £250 booking fee into the BFA account (details below). When your fee is received by the BFA you will be allocated a container slot. When there is a total of nine in your container your fee will confirmed as final.
    When full numbers are known I will email you with insurance details. If you need insurance you can then choose to pay the group rate or take out your own insurance for transport.

BFA Account details:
    Account No: 80464325
    Sort Code: 20 – 68 – 79
    Please include your name as a reference when making payment.

NOTES:
    1. We will not get shipping dates until 2017.
    2. Prices are based on sailors transporting their boats to Portsmouth at a pre-arranged time and loading them into the container, and the reverse for the return trip.
    3. Price excludes insurance for transport. This can be arranged individually but we are looking at a group insurance for BFA boats (more details later). Geest have quoted £50 per boat.
    4. In Barbados, containers will be delivered to the event site where they will be unloaded by the owners.
    5. Containers will stay at the event site for the duration of the event.

Regards
    Ray New
    ray.new@ntlworld.com

ksjoberg
    Participant

Hi,

just heard that the 4 containers are all full for Barbados now,hence I’m looking for more people without a transport to fill a new one (9 boats) more.

Let me know if you are interested or if you know someone who are.

FIN-201
    Kristian Sjoberg
    07901-851580

Skippysucks
    Participant

Hi all
    Not sure if this is ok
    Has anyone a boat for charter.
    I’m a convict from AUS, lol
    Charter plus shipping paid by me of course

Simon Percival
    Participant

Hi

I’m not going to the event so my boat is available if you want.

Send me an email for details Simon.635@virginmedia.com

Kind regards Simon Percival

Seahorse
    Participant

Hi Kristian. I am up to 60% going? Drop me a note if you’re still looking. Andrew hurst

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.