Classic Pearson IR10

HOME forums Classic Finns Classic Pearson IR10

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Donal Herraghty
    Participant

Hi folks,
    I have recently rescued a late 60’s Pearson Finn from being cut up and dumped here in Ireland. Some of you may have seen the advert on CVRDA. I have brought the boat back to my club and have it stored indoors. It has a dark green grp hull and grey decks with a wooden thwart and rubbing strake and a wooden spray deflector/trim piece on the foredeck. I plan to replace the wooden rubbing strake/gunwhale and the thwart and some other wood in the cockpit. I also plan to sand the hull and carry out any gelcoat repairs and paint the hull and deck.
    I believe Pearsons has a plate on the aft of the cockpit but mine appears to have been removed and an inspection hatch is in its place. Is there anywhere else I might be able tro find the build number?
    Also, does anyone know the history of IR10?
    The boat came with an old wooden mast and the original Elvstrom sail stamped 1968. The wooden mast seems to have a halyard lock arrangement. Are there any old rigging documents/guides showing how to rig the old wooden masts?
    I think I may have sourced a Needlespar Aluminium rig but I need to organise shipping from the UK. Will this fit dmy boat okay or will the mast hole need modification.
    My email address is dherraghty at gmail.com if anyone wants to discuss directly as I see that there is very little traffic on this page.
    Apologies for all the questions.
    Thanks
    Donie

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.