2 Classic with carbon Finns for sale

HOME forums Boats For Sale 2 Classic with carbon Finns for sale

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GBR-61GBR-61
    Keymaster

Advert placed on behalf of Paul Schut, NED

After enjoying recreative Finn sailing and veteran field hockey for many years,the combination has ended my knees, so I must find a new home for my two old Finn racers. The two boats were once good racers but now about 15 years out of date to compete. For any student starting out in Finns they give a good start or as trainer boats for those learning the ropes they will do well. I used them for sailing if there was a lot of wind and sparring with my sons. The boats are in good condition with some wear but kept up. Anything that can break gybing in force 5 has done so and the boats are solid. I am offering the boats as starters or trainers to the various clubs as I know that for most young kids a competitive boat is expensive to start with. This way I hope these boats go to a good home and get sailed hard like they should by kids at a club or so. As sparring boats they do well, being about equally fast. The boats could equally qualify for the classic Finns as they were built in 1978 and 1984 respectively.

1: Vlieger built Finn NED 570 1984 (Vlieger, Oud Beijerland, Netherlands) all white, dubble bottom, teak deck for antislip, fully closed sides and rear. One Carbon Spar (Sweden ca end 90’s) carbon round mast for my weight (98 kg) and one aluminium red top needle spar. 2 used Victory sails which work well with the carbonspar mast, various extra dacron sails for the Needlespar, full Harken on deck, all trim options, now finished in Two part PU Epifanes white. Included is one combitrailer (road and slip) in galvanised and painted steel, tires a bit old , otherwise in good condition, recently repaired and checked, one boat cover in good condition. Mast adjustment block (aluminium, bootom of the mast) is stuck in position for the carbon spar. Asking 2300 euro. For a long trailer ride I would recommend a good look at the tires and wrapping the lot in clingwrap before setting off.

2. Roga built Finn 1978 , Blue deck white hull, one carbon wing mast self converted from a round carbon Hit mast by Jama sails owner with matching foil sail by Jama. Used to good effect in competion about 6 years ago, the set is suitable for 100 kg/190 cm. The resulting mast is not pretty but quite effective as Jan Verhoeven landed in the upper middle of the Harderwijk fleet with it. One round carbon Hit mast for lighter sailer, ca 85 kg, recent Devoti rudder. Included is a slip trailer (Kalf, steel galvanised) a boat cover in reasonabe condition, mast sleeve, rudder sleeve. Mast adjustment block works well by using the back end of the paddle to adjust. Boat is also finished in two part PU double coat by Epifanes. asking 1750 euro. Note: no road trailer for this one.

For the two boats in one purchase with all the spare gear and sails to go to a club as sparring trainers or to students 3500 euro.

I have a photos available but cannot send them without being a member. Boats based in Holland.

I hope that you can find a good home for these boats that we had such fun with,

With my best regards,

Paul Schut
    schut58@gmail.com

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by GBR-61GBR-61.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.