BFA 2017 events calendar & Travellers Trophy series

HOME forums Events BFA 2017 events calendar & Travellers Trophy series

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GBR-61GBR-61
    Keymaster

The 2017 events list is now available on the online calendar or download it here as a year planner.
    The 2017 Travellers Series of 7 events will for the first time include a single discard (but the Nationals must be counted) and individual perpetual trophies for U23, Open, Master, Grand Master, Great Grand Masters and Legends categories -giving everyone throughout the fleet a trophy to fight for. The introduction of a single discard recognises the fact that not all can make every event and is designed to boost overall participation by encouraging members to compete for not only the prestigious over Silver Finn trophy, but also the new individual category trophies. See you all at Alton Water for the first event on March 12th!

Traveelers Trophy
    John

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by GBR-61GBR-61.
    Thunder Road
    Participant

Nothing North of Watford Gap!?

Thunder Road
    Participant

Northerns maybe May/June/early July?

Thunder Road
    Participant

Why not use the Lord Birkett for the Northerns? Lots of boats, beautiful venue, great club, sunshine, in the Y&Y top ten events!

Thunder Road
    Participant

Should I arrange it with the organisers and collect the trophy from the previous winner nearer the time, I can separate the results and return them for the travellers trophy records, if it will help?

GBR-61GBR-61
    Keymaster

Hi Mike

It would be great to have a Northern Event if we can find a willing host Club. I will ask the Sailing Secretary: Secretary@Finnuk.org to look into it or please could you contact him directly if you have a suitable venue in mind?

Many thanks
    John

Thunder Road
    Participant

Idea submitted, hope it works, it could be a lot of fun!

Thunder Road
    Participant

Dinghy Show 2018, should we be there, we were missed?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.